Public Service Enterprise Group came in at No. 64 overall; American Water was placed at No. 94.
Also scoring well on the list were Princeton-based Clearway Energy (No. 398) and New Jersey Resources (No. 496).
Read more from ROI-NJ:
Honorees were selected among 2,000 companies across 14 industries that were evaluated and ranked based on a detailed analysis of key performance indicators in three areas of corporate social responsibility: environmental, social & corporate governance.
New Jersey Resources CEO Steve Westhoven said being selected to the list for the fourth consecutive year shows the company’s commitment to corporate sustainability and reputation for service excellence.
“New Jersey Resources is committed to advancing a clean energy future by embracing sustainable business practices that meet the energy needs of our customers, benefit the environment and strengthen the communities we serve,” he said. “It is an honor to be recognized as one of the most responsible companies in the country. This recognition reflects our belief that sustainability and corporate citizenship are good for business, good for our customers and good for the future.”
HP, based in California, came in at No. 1 overall. Merck, at No. 4, was the highest-rated New Jersey company.
A look at 17 New Jersey companies that were honored:
4. Merck, Health Care & Life Sciences
28. Campbell Soup, Consumer Goods
59. Zoetis, Health Care & Life Sciences
64. Public Service Enterprise Group, Energy & Utilities
94. American Water, Energy & Utilities
115. Becton Dickinson, Health Care & Life Sciences
144. Church & Dwight, Consumer Goods
186. Organon & Co., Health Care & Life Sciences
207. Prudential Financial, Financial
215. Universal Display, Technology/Hardware
262. Phibro Animal Health, Health Care & Life Sciences
289. Catalent, Health Care & Life Sciences
388. Burlington, Retail
398. Clearway Energy, Energy & Utilities
433. Automatic Data Processing, Software & Telecommunications
487. Avis Budget Group, Professional Services
496. New Jersey Resources, Energy & Utilities