NJM Insurance Group said it recently made a $100,000 donation to benefit hunger relief efforts across the mid-Atlantic region.
The monies are part of the West Trenton-based firm’s yearlong commitment to supporting communities, which now totals more than $2 million in donations in 2022.
NJM’s support of communities is rooted in a culture of purpose-driven service. The company directs charitable contributions toward organizations that support arts and culture, health, community assistance, safety and financial literacy. Other areas of focus include education and enrichment and revitalization programs such as those offered by social service organizations and food banks.
“NJM is a service organization working on behalf of our policyholders and the communities in which they live and work,” Mitch Livingston, NJM CEO and president, stated. “We partner with nonprofits and organizations dedicated to delivering needed resources that can positively impact lives, and we are privileged to support these causes throughout the region.”
NJM’s $100,000 donation will be distributed among 20 organizations in New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania. The full list includes:
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank, Ohio;
- Arm In Arm Inc., New Jersey;
- Bucks County Opportunity Council, Pennsylvania;
- Cathedral Kitchen, New Jersey;
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey, New Jersey;
- Connecticut Foodshare, Connecticut;
- Food Bank of South Jersey, New Jersey;
- Fullfill Food Bank of Monmouth & Ocean Counties, New Jersey;
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, Pennsylvania;
- Human Needs Food Pantry, New Jersey;
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service (Greater Mercer), New Jersey;
- Manna Food Center, Maryland;
- Meals On Wheels of Mercer County Inc., New Jersey;
- Mercer Street Friends, New Jersey;
- NORWESCAP, New Jersey;
- Nourish NJ, New Jersey;
- Philabundance, Pennsylvania;
- Rolling Harvest Food Rescue, New Jersey;
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, New Jersey; and
- TASK, New Jersey.