Stockton University President Harvey Kesselman was appointed to a new international council that will forge connections among education leaders from across the globe, according to a Thursday announcement from the Galloway-based school.
The Association of International Education Administrators recently established the Presidential Ambassadors Council, whose members will meet regularly with the AIEA board, serve as a resource to AIEA members, present at AIEA conferences and promote international education by writing articles and opinion pieces and by providing peer mentorship to other institutional leaders.
Kesselman, an educator with more than 40 years of experience in higher education, has been actively engaged with the issues of internationalizing campuses and developing strategic partnerships with institutions throughout the world. He also has served on the American Council on Education and as a member of the Commission on Internationalization and Global Engagement.
“Stockton has long had a commitment to global perspectives and learning, and I am honored to bring my perspective and experience to this new initiative,” Kesselman said. “I look forward to meaningful collaboration on the changing landscape of international higher education while continuing initiatives like Ospreys R.I.S.E., which imbues research, international education, service learning and experiential learning into the Stockton experience.”
In addition to Kesselman, six other leaders were appointed in December to serve as inaugural members of the council, including:
- Carolyn J. Stefanco, inaugural chair; former CEO and president, Barét Leadership Consulting;
- Margee Ensign, president and vice chancellor, United States International University – Africa, Kenya;
- Judy Genshaft, former president, University of South Florida;
- Cheryl Green, president, Governors State University;
- Carl Jubran, president, Institute for American Universities, the American College of the Mediterranean, France; and
- Hilary Link, former president, Allegheny College.
The AIEA is a member organization that equips leaders to shape the future of higher education in a global context and partners with other organizations around the world to develop sustainable, forward-looking perspectives.