Matrix Development Group on Wednesday announced it leased over 37,000 square feet of new space, expansions and renewals at One Riverfront Plaza, a 433,000-square-foot, Class A office tower in Newark.
With these leases, the building — also known as the “Newark Legal Center” — is now 85% leased, with available office and retail spaces ranging in size from 1,800 to 37,900 contiguous square feet.
To cater to the influx of new corporate tenants and meet existing tenant interest in on-site dining, Matrix also announced that it has welcomed food service Cafe Margherita into the building’s two-story lobby. The eatery, which relocated to One Riverfront from the Gateway Concourse, will offer Italian-inspired breakfast and lunch selections to building occupants as well as those in the surrounding central business district, including Newark Penn Station and the Gateway Complex, which is connected to One Riverfront Plaza by a pedestrian skyway.
“With COVID-19 largely behind us and the building’s occupancy climbing, we knew that adding a cafe was a critical part of elevating the tenant experience at One Riverfront, and we are very proud to welcome Cafe Margherita to the property,” said Felicia Arias, vice president at Matrix Development Group. “With extensive breakfast and lunch menus, a large seating area and an espresso bar, the cafe will provide an inviting and casual dining atmosphere and will be a prime spot for client meetings and networking opportunities.”
A sampling of the new office tenants at the property include:
- Stradley Ronon, a 200-attorney law firm that has been providing financial and corporate counsel to its clients for nearly a century;
- Radin Consulting, a full-service consulting firm that provides planning, architectural, engineering and construction management services to government clients in major end markets such as transportation, buildings, facilities and environmental compliance;
- Hellring Lindeman Goldstein & Siegal LLP, a boutique law firm with focuses that include civil and criminal litigation, commercial transactions, white-collar criminal defense, family law and other areas;
- Greenspoon Marder LLP, a full-service law firm with core practice areas including real estate, litigation and transactional services;
- Freeman Mathis and Gary LLP, a nationally recognized litigation firm that provides trusted counsel to corporations and governments throughout the U.S.
“Located in the heart of Newark’s business district, One Riverfront is one of the most ideal transit-oriented office towers in the region, offering equally convenient commutes to professionals who reside in New Jersey’s residential cores and those located in New York City,” Arias said. “Adding a ground-floor cafe is just one example of our commitment to providing a curated working environment at the property. The addition of the new office tenants — as well as several expansions and renewals — is a testament to our success at creating an invigorating office property, and the building is positioned for continued success for years to come.”
Built in 1989, the 20-story tower is located at the intersection of Raymond Boulevard and Route 21/McCarter Highway in the heart of Newark. The building offers immediate covered access to New Jersey Transit trains and buses, Amtrak and PATH trains. It is also within walking distance of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center and is just three miles away from Newark Liberty International Airport.
Featuring first-class finishes and virtually column-free floors, One Riverfront Plaza is a 24/7 office building with retail spaces, a sundry shop, an underground parking garage, valet services and a state-of-the-art security system.