Global retailer UNIQLO will open its fifth store in the Garden State this Friday at Newport Centre in Jersey City, on the main level.
The 7,800-square-foot space extends UNIQLO’s presence in New Jersey, where it has four existing stores, at American Dream, Willowbrook, Paramus Park and Menlo Park malls.
UNIQLO Newport is the 47th UNIQLO store in the U.S. and is part of the brand’s expansion strategy, focused on increasing presence in key regions while entering new cities across the U.S. and Canada.
The new store will offer the brand’s apparel, called LifeWear, for men, women and kids.
LifeWear is clothing designed to make everyone’s life better. It is simple, high-quality, everyday clothing.
Shoppers will be able to enjoy all of UNIQLO’s iconic products, from cold weather essentials like HEATTECH to new spring collections.
For fast and convenient service, the store will offer its buy-online-pickup-in-store service, and to ensure customers leave with what they need in the right fit, complimentary alterations. For any pair of pants $20 or above (excluding athletic wear and sweatpants), UNIQLO provides free hemming services to pant lengths fit to the customers’ unique measurements.
About Welcome Home Jersey City
Established in 2016, Welcome Home Jersey City is a community-based nonprofit organization that provides educational, employment and material support for refugees, asylees and asylum seekers in the Jersey City area. Welcome Home operates from the philosophy that all people deserve the dignity of a decent home, and the resources they need to make a better life for themselves.
Building on UNIQLO’s longtime support of refugees around the world, UNIQLO Newport Centre staff held a community shopping event with Welcome Home Jersey City, to host newly arrived individuals and families to shop for new clothing. UNIQLO hopes to work together closely with Welcome Home Jersey City moving forward to bring the power of clothing to the local community.
In addition to serving local communities, UNIQLO routinely delivers clothing to people in need throughout the world. Through the brand’s RE.UNIQLO program, customers are invited to donate their gently worn UNIQLO clothing back to their local stores so UNIQLO can give it to those who need it most, including refugee camps and disaster areas together with the United Nations Refugee Agency, nongovernment organizations and nonprofit organizations.
Some grand opening activities to celebrate the new store include:
- Grand opening taiko drumming performance: Join UNIQLO for a taiko drum performance by Yamatai Taiko Ensemble at 9:30 a.m. before the doors open at 10 a.m.;
- Exclusive locally inspired designs by New York City artist Lauren Martin and multidisciplinary creative Steven Othello;
- Shop four exclusive patterns on 100% cotton T-shirts, available at Newport Centre only while supplies last;
- Shop the highlight anticipated UT UNIQLO T-shirt collection “Attack on Titan” one week early, exclusively at Newport Centre.
- The first 200 people in line on Friday through Sunday will receive a UNIQLO treat box with special surprises;
- The first customers visiting Friday through Sunday will receive free coffee and treats from Modcup Coffee and Pullman Bakery & Shige Pan;
- Customers can spin the Garapon Wheel to win free prizes over the grand opening weekend, from 2-4 p.m. Friday through Sunday.