Eleven New Jersey entrepreneurs have been recognized for their success and impact, as EY honored them with the 2023 Entrepreneur of the Year award — the preeminent competitive business awards for entrepreneurs and leaders of high-growth companies who are building the economy of tomorrow.
New Jersey winners came from various industries and sectors, but many are making great strides in innovation, as well as making a huge difference in their communities. The award winners were unveiled during a special celebration Monday to honor and celebrate these business leaders who are building a more equitable, sustainable and prosperous world for all.
This group of ambitious entrepreneurial leaders was selected by an independent judging panel that evaluated the nominees on a variety of criteria, including, but not limited to:
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Financial performance.
The New Jersey winners included:
- Kimberlee Vaccarella, founder and CEO of Bogg Bag;
- Steve Kohn, CEO of Broadway Industries;
- Apurva Saraf, CEO and president of Cosette Pharmaceuticals;
- David Saoud, co-founder and CEO of Freezpak Logistics;
- Michael Saoud, co-founder and CEO of Freezpak Logistics;
- Neha Shah, co-founder and president of GEP;
- Hannah Testani, CEO of Intelligent Audit;
- Christine Miller, CEO and president of Melinta Therapeutics;
- Mickey Bresman, CEO of Semperis;
- Giuseppe Incitti, CEO of Sitetracker;
- Srini Penumella, CEO of Spruce Technology.
Entrepreneur of the Year Award winners become lifetime members of a global, multiindustry community of entrepreneurs, with exclusive, ongoing access to the experience, insight and wisdom of program alumni and other ecosystem members in over 60 countries — all supported by vast EY resources.
Since 1986, the Entrepreneur of the Year program has recognized more than 10,000 U.S. executives.