The 420 Expo, which became the largest BYOC (“Bring Your Own Cannabis”) consumer convention in the Northeast last year, is set to return to the Garden State from Sept. 29-Oct. 1, at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center in Edison.
Organizers said the 420 Expo, sponsored by Wakit Grinders, is a three-day celebration of the legal marijuana lifestyle. Visitors will enjoy a stigma-free vibe with live entertainment, celebrity appearances, cool vendors and educational seminars inside the Expo Center.
Outside, a large outdoor smoking section and a wide variety of food trucks will ensure attendees can get in a great mood while eating great food. And, while THC products will not be sold at 420 Expo, attendees may bring the legal limit for personal use specified by the state of New Jersey.
Dan Davis, co-founder of 420 Expo, said the event is more than just a party.
“Despite last year’s legalization of adult use (recreational) marijuana in New Jersey, there still isn’t enough tolerance,” he said. “A primary goal of 420 Expo is to remove the stigma surrounding cannabis, and it’s a bonus that we get to have a blast achieving that goal.”
Legendary actor, cannabis activist and art collector Cheech Marin will serve as host and will headline a list of cannabis-friendly celebs who are scheduled to appear and be available for photos, autographs and meet-and-greets.
420 Expo’s 2023 three-day BYOC canna-fest will include:
- VIP Meet & Greets with the legendary Cheech Marin on Friday and Saturday;
- Guest appearances by other cannabis-related celebrities, including Jason Gann (“Wilfred”), Jason London (“Dazed and Confused”), Jeremy London (“Mallrats,” “7th Heaven”), Nicholas Turturro (“NYPD Blue,” “The Longest Yard,” “I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry”), Rachel True (“Half Baked,” “The Craft”), Shawna Waldron (“Little Giants,” “The American President,” “Ladies Man”), Keith Coogan (“Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead,” “Toy Soldiers,” “Adventures in Babysitting”), professional wrestling legends the Sandman and Blue Meanie, activist and champion racecar driver Randy Lanier, and Troma Films characters “The Toxic Avenger” and “Sgt. Kabukiman,” among others;
- 420 Expo’s Entertainment Stage featuring live performances, interactive events and more — plus live music and DJs throughout the event;
- Over 100 vendors from the cannabis world and beyond (no on-site THC sales);
420 Expo hours
The event will be at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center in Edison:
- Sept. 29 (Friday): 5-11 p.m.
- Sept. 30 (Saturday): Noon-9 p.m.
- Oct. 1 (Sunday): Noon-6 p.m.
- 20-plus seminars and panels appealing to both casual and experienced cannabis enthusiasts;
- Outdoor smoking section (BYOC) with plenty of food trucks, music and games;
- Glass blowing, axe throwing, iconic cars from movies, product demonstrations, gaming areas and more;
- Rolling contest and other games and competitions.
The event is open to those 21 and older.
J. Handy, co-founder of 420 Expo, said he hopes the event will appeal to people from the curious to connoisseurs.
“We were blown away by the sheer number of attendees last year, so we’re raising the bar even higher,” he said. “This year, visitors can expect an even stronger lineup of live entertainment, seriously cool vendors, more celebrity guests and a bunch more surprises.”