Hundreds of community members attended AtlantiCare’s Federally Qualified Health Center’s annual Community Health Fair at Atlantic Cape Community College in Atlantic City last week. The event, which AtlantiCare held in partnership with Atlantic Cape Community College and Hope One Atlantic County, was one way the health care organization marked National Health Center Week, Aug. 6-12.
More than 50 representatives of regional, state and local community agencies provided information about health care, housing, health insurance enrollment, financial assistance, career opportunities and other programs and support services. AtlantiCare team members grilled lunch, provided health and wellness education; taught individuals how to create and access a patient portal; and led physical fitness and other activities.
The event included music and entertainment and giveaways.
The annual event highlighted the value AtlantiCare’s FQHC teams and other community health centers provide communities.
The AtlantiCare Health Services Federally Qualified Health Center cared for 12,000 individuals through 56,584 patient visits in 2022, including those who are uninsured or underinsured.
AtlantiCare offers FQHC services to members of the community regardless of ability to pay, at the following locations.
- William L. Gormley AtlantiCare HealthPlex, 1401 Atlantic Ave., Atlantic City — FQHC Adult Medicine, Behavioral Health, Bressler Internal Medicine Residency Teaching, Infectious Disease, Psychiatric Residency and Specialty Care clinics
- AtlantiCare Medical Arts Pavilion, 7 S. Ohio Ave., Atlantic City — FQHC Family Medicine and Pediatric clinics
- AtlantiCare Health Services, Galloway Professional Complex, 54 Jimmie Leeds Road, Galloway — FQHC Adult Medicine, Behavioral Health, Psychiatry and Specialty Care clinics
- Atlantic City High School, 1400 N. Albany Ave., Atlantic City — FQHC Behavioral Health and Pediatric clinics
- Charles P. Jeffries Tower Senior Apartments, 227 N. Vermont Ave., Atlantic City — Adult Medicine Clinic
- Covenant House, 929 Atlantic Ave., Atlantic City — FQHC Adult Medicine and Behavior Health clinic