The Big Ten released its football schedule of opponents for the next five years — or, the first years of an expanded conference that includes four new West Coast schools (UCLA, USC, Washington and Oregon).
How does it look? Like an NFL schedule. Plenty of cross-country travel, starting next fall, when Rutgers will host UCLA and Washington and travel to USC.
We’ll give you the expanded schedules, but, first, how the four new schools will interact with Rutgers:
- UCLA: At Rutgers in 2024 and 2028; hosts Rutgers in 2027;
- USC: Hosts Rutgers in 2024; comes to Rutgers in 2026;
- Oregon: At Rutgers in 2025; hosts Rutgers in 2028;
- Washington: At Rutgers in 2024 and 2027; hosts Rutgers in 2025
Here is the full schedule for Rutgers (in the Big Ten only). Schools play nine league games:
- Home: Illinois, Minnesota, UCLA, Washington, Wisconsin.
- Away: Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska, USC.
- Home: Iowa, Maryland, Oregon, Penn State.
- Away: Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio State, Purdue, Washington.
- Home: Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, USC.
- Away: Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State, Wisconsin.
- Home: Maryland, Northwestern, Ohio State, Washington.
- Away: Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, UCLA.
- Home: Illinois, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA.
- Away: Iowa, Maryland, Ohio State, Oregon.