After eight successful events in Jersey City, Sherif Abouzied is bringing his can’t-miss real estate summit event format to Newark.
The Newark Summit — an event featuring many of the top names in all aspects of the industry — is coming to Ironside Newark on Dec. 4.
Abouzied said the event aims to be a gathering of visionary leaders in the region — everyone from key principals, owners and innovators, investors, site and government officials that help make it all happen — discussing the city’s growth-investment, placemaking development collaboration and design.
“We’re extremely excited for Newark’s future, which has been anchored and enriched by its role as New Jersey’s corporate, innovation, human capital and cultural sweet spot,” he said.
Abouzied said he intends to make the Newark Summit an annual event, joining the event he holds in Jersey City each spring. He said the incredible growth of Newark’s development sector deserves a day of its own.
“There are so many anchor organizations, public and private leaders, collaborating, innovating and accelerating Newark’s inclusiveness and opportunities across sectors and across the city,” he said.
Among those already on the long list of speakers and panelists
Newark-area and state officials
- Leslie Anderson, New Jersey Redevelopment Authority
- Ras Baraka, mayor
- Bernel Hall, New Jersey Community Capital
- Allison Ladd, deputy mayor
- Teik Lim, New Jersey Institute of Technology president
- Tim Sullivan, New Jersey Economic Development Authority
- Talia Young, Newark Symphony Hall
Developers & investors
- Adenah Bayoh, Adenah Bayoh & Cos.
- Marc Berson, Fidelco Group
- Wasseem Boraie, Boraie Development
- Vaughn Crowe, Newark Venture Partners
- Samer Hanini, Hanini Group
- Adam Pasternack, Russo
- John Saraceno and Jonathan Schultz, Onyx
- John Schreiber, New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- Duncan Turner, SOSV
Law & finance
- Jose Cruz, JLL
- Angelo Genova, Genova Burns
- Frank Giantomasi, Chiesa, Shahinian & Giantomasi
- Calvin Souder, Souder, Shabazz & Woolridge
- Elnardo Webster, Connell Foley
- David Wolfe, Skoloff & Wolfe
Abouzied saluted a list that he intends to keep growing.
“We’re privileged to be able to convene many of the leaders for this idea, investment and storytelling summit,” he said. “There are so many wonderful projects and initiatives being announced across Newark.
“We want to help celebrate the accomplishments, bring awareness and excitement to the opportunities and discuss future challenges as we aim to help its leaders continue to make the best site-selection, equitable growth and investment case for Newark.”