The America’s Best-In-State Hospitals 2024 ranking, presented by Newsweek and Statista Inc., was created to identify the top hospitals at the state level.
Hospitals from all U.S. states were eligible for ranking. The 25 states with the most hospitals according to the Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services were surveyed individually. The remaining states were grouped into four regions: Northeast, Midwest, West and South. Leading hospitals from these states were considered accordingly. Four data sources were used for the evaluation:
- Nationwide online survey: Over 10,000 medical professionals (doctors, hospital managers and health care workers) were asked to recommend the best hospitals (in and out of state) based on their expertise.
- Quality metrics data: Data from Medicare and Medicare Services available for Mortality, Safety, Readmission, Experience, Timely & Effective Care was considered.
- Patient experience: Cleanliness of the hospitals and quietness, communication of the nurses/doctors and staff responsiveness, care transition, medicine communication and discharge information.
- PROMS implementation survey: To account for the increasing importance of Patient Reported Outcome Measures.
The Garden State hospitals named to Newsweek’s America’s Best-In-State Hospitals 2024 list are:
- Morristown Medical Center, Morristown, Atlantic Health System
- Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, Hackensack Meridian Health
- Overlook Medical Center, Summit, Atlantic Health System
- Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, Englewood, Englewood Health
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, RWJBarnabas Health
- Cooper University Hospital, Camden, Cooper University Health Care
- Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, Valley Health System
- Chilton Medical Center, Pompton Plains, Atlantic Health System
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital, New Brunswick, Saint Peter’s Healthcare System
Audrey Meyers, CEO and president of Valley Health System, said it is an honor to be considered among the best hospitals in the state.
“Valley is committed to providing high-quality care and service to our patients and their families, and to ensuring that all patients have access to our services. This recognition is a testament to the exceptional work of our doctors, nurses, and staff in delivering an exceptional patient experience,” Meyers said.
To view the full America’s Best-In-State Hospitals 2024 List from Newsweek, click here.