South Jersey Industries CEO Michael Renna and Amazon Manager of Public Policy David Vitali have been named to the board of trustees of the New Jersey Business & Industry Association, the group announced Friday.
NJBIA CEO Michele Siekera applauded their appointments.
“We are privileged to have David and Michael bring their informed voices and expertise in the areas of logistics and energy to our board, as well as an understanding of New Jersey’s overall business climate,” she said.
“With their valued input complementing our accomplished and engaged board, we have even more support in our mission to advance the competitive excellence and financial success of our members and all New Jersey businesses every day.”
Renna, who joined SJI in 1998, leads one of the state’s most dynamic and successful energy companies. He graduated from the University of Delaware, where he earned his undergraduate degree in finance, and earned an MBA from Cornell University.
Vitali, who joined Amazon in the fall of 2022, manages state and local public policy for Amazon in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania. Vitali, who worked as a policy adviser for Gov. Chris Christie and deputy chief of staff to Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, got his undergraduate degree from Ramapo College before earning his J.D. from Rutgers Law School.
Other members of NJBIA’s board of trustees include:
- Rashaad Bajwa, CEO, Integris;
- Denise Beckson, vice president of human resources & government relations, Morey’s Piers;
- Marcy Bliss, CEO, Wedgewood Pharmacy;
- Domenick Cama, president, NYC Metro & New Jersey markets, Citizens Bank;
- James W. Horne Jr., CEO & president, Junior Achievement of New Jersey;
- Anthony Iacono, president, County College of Morris;
- Clifford Lindholm, CEO & president, Falstrom Co. (board chair);
- Celestina Quintana, owner/operator, McDonald’s restaurants (Immediate past board chair);
- Michael Reagan, senior vice president of consulting services, CGI;
- Lori Roth, co-managing partner, Prager Metis (board vice chair);
- Gail Friedberg Rottenstrich, co-founder & CEO, ZAGO Manufacturing;
- Deanna Sperling, CEO & president, RWJBarnabas Health Behavioral Health Center;
- Rick Thigpen, senior vice president – corporate citizenship, Public Service Enterprise Group.