Parsippany-based Sax LLP, a Top 100 accounting tax firm, recently announced the promotions of Nina Bahazhevska, Mathew Giordano, Gina Perrone, Jeremy Rhen and Eric Seidman to partner, effective Jan. 1.
Sax said all five earned their promotions by consistently exhibiting expertise and leadership that has led to firm and client growth. The appointments align with the firm’s initiative to expand and innovate within core practice areas and to support Sax’s tax, audit and wealth advisory practices.
“We congratulate our five new partners, who embody the qualities that differentiate SAX from other firms and help our clients achieve their goals. Each new partner is passionate about growing professionally to best serve as a trusted adviser committed to the success of each client. It is equally important that we recognize our most valuable asset — our people — and promote those who exhibit the Sax commitment to teamwork and clients,” Sax CEO and Managing Partner Joseph Damiano said. “We are thrilled to celebrate this milestone achievement with them and look forward to their continued contributions to Sax and our clients.”
- Nina Bahazhevska, CPA, has been with SAX since 2022 and focuses on enhancing the quality of the audit practice and serves as the leader of quality control for Sax’s Nonprofit Practice. Bahazhevska has been serving the nonprofit community for nearly 20 years, working with various organizations such as social service providers, membership organizations, art and cultural organizations, housing, charter schools, foundations and religious organizations. Her primary focus is in the social service sector, which receives government funding from federal and local agencies.
- Employed by the firm for over 10 years, Mathew Giordano, CPA, is actively involved in Sax’s Tax Controversy and Dispute Resolution Group and State & Local Tax Practice. He works on issues related to various types of IRS audits, sales/use tax and state and local taxing authority examinations for both business and personal taxpayers.
- Gina Perrone, CPA, is integral to the firm’s Tax and Construction practices. She is responsible for leading client engagements, focusing on providing excellent client service. Perrone specializes in high-quality tax services and planning opportunities to meet clients’ ultimate goals and objectives. Within the firm, Perrone helps develop younger team members to expand their tax knowledge and experience through intense training and challenging assignments designed to force them to think outside the box and identify creative solutions.
- Along with being promoted to partner, Jeremy Rhen remains a trusted wealth adviser at Sax Wealth Advisors and serves as the leader of the firm’s Ewing office. A Certified Financial Planner, he has over a decade of investment management experience. Rhen provides customized portfolio management, ongoing financial planning and personalized tax strategy recommendations for his clients.
- Eric Seidman serves as the leader of retirement plans for Sax Wealth Advisors and is a dedicated resource for businesses who sponsor a workplace retirement plan for their employees. He ensures that employers and individual 401(k) savers alike have the long-term strategy, vision and support needed to help put retirement readiness within reach. Seidman has specialized in retirement plans throughout his career, gaining extensive experience on both the recordkeeping and investment provider sides of the industry.